Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hello Summer!

Today is the first official day of Summer and I'm thrilled!! I think Summer has gotten to be more fun and eventful since the ones I remember as I was growing up.

The days of staying up late into the early morning hours of the next day still exist, but no longer are they followed by sleeping in until late in the morning. My boss just doesn't understand starting a workday at 11am. Lucky for me energy drinks and caffeine exist to help my adult body play like an excited school child all summer long.

Every summer there is still at least one road trip and as much time in the pool as one can possibly get. I have even added a new tradition to my summer. This year will be the 4th time I've seen Kenny Chesney in concert. Somehow once I've been to that concert summer officially begins. Being at the outdoor amphitheater and dancing and singing the night away while looking at a hot man is a great way to spend an evening. I'm completely serious and straight faced when I tell you that attending this concert will be a pre-nuptial requirement to my future spouse. I am not willing to give up my summer visit with Kenny when I am married.

Other than road trips and pool time I'll spend a few days camping and white water rafting. And then there are the many hiking trails that exist in the great state of Utah that need to be explored. Not to mention the many lakes that need to be waterskied on.

So much to do and only 3 months to get itall done. Oh how I love summer and the outdoors!!!

No comments: