Monday, July 21, 2008

4th of July @ Bear Lake

I realize this is titled a Fourth of July post and today's date is many many days after the 4th of July. The weekend after 4th of July I was also out playing in the sun and water at Bear Lake (2 weeks in a row!), then there was a visit from my great grandmother and great aunt another weekend. And I'm just now blogging about 4th of July. Better late than never. :-)

I spent 4th of July at Bear Lake with the Bouwhuis'. The cabin we stayed at is the home of my friend Emily's in laws. After staying at the house and having our private beach to play on, I'm not sure there is any other way to play at Bear Lake. It was nice!

We spent all day Thursday, July 3rd on the beach and playing in the water. Friday, the 4th, the water was pretty choppy and we were all tired from so much fun the day before that we were either sleeping at the house or sleeping on the beach. Every now and again I'd take off on one of the 4 wheelers down the beach. I LOVED having the wind in my face and the spray of the water as I sped down the beach. That night I watched the fireworks from a hammock on the deck. It was so cool to see the fireworks going off all over the beach. Saturday the 5th of July was my last day for the weekend. We played in the boat and hung out on the beach before I left that afternoon. It was an awesome trip. Very relaxing and full of time in the water and sunshine.


Mostly, it was nice to spend time with Emily and her husband Brady and their adorable daughter Jaylee before they move to Arizona in 2 weeks. It will be 6 years in December that I've known Emily. I've laughed and cried and travelled with her too many times to count in all those years. She's my sister from another mother. And I'm really gonna miss her when they move. I'm really grateful to have had this awesome 4th of July trip with her and her family.



Here's a few pictures from our fun........






A view from just outside my door, on the deck

Jaylee and Brady playing on the beach

I'm getting ready to take off on one of my rides down the beach

Emily posing on the wave runner before taking off for another hour. She'd just ride off and we'd see her every now and again.

My turn on the wave runner. It was new and we had to ride it lots to break it in properly :-)

Ok. This is me finding my chi. I attempted to wake board but spent my time falling into the water. I had bruises on my stomach and sides of my abdomen from all my falling.

Emily and I tubing together. Brenn tried to kick us off with his crazy boat driving, but we held on for quite a while. So fun!

This one is me eating it. I rode alone in the tube and held on pretty good. But, when you lose your grip, you lose your grip. Emily was taking pictures and got this one at just the right time. It was my last ride for the day. Pretty sweet moment to actually get captured!

1 comment:

Bouwhuis Bunch said...

Hey when you're good you're good!! What can I say!! Love the Bear Lake moments!!