I woke up this morning in a bit of a panic thanks to a dream I was having that was not pleasant. You see in the dream I was in the office of my knee doctor and he was showing me xrays of my knee telling me that I had to stop running and that I needed a complete knee replacement.
I'm pretty sure the dream was brought on by news I got yesterday. I've signed up on a team to run in the Wasatch Back in June and I got my Runner position and leg assignments yesterday. I was a bit worried about the legs I'm running because they are a bit longer than some of the other people's legs and 2 of the 3 are considered hard legs. Plus, I've had trouble with my knees in the past and I don't want to injure myself and really have to have a knee replacement. Plus, I'm just learning and a complete amateur at this running stuff. But mostly, I don't want to let down my team.
My relay assignment freaked me out a little, but mostly convinced me I need to just work harder to be prepared for our June race. I've been training for almost a month now in preparation and I know I'll be fine if I keep following the training schedule.
And the dream was (I assume) the fears of letting down my team coming to pass in my dream. I really want to do a good job and I love having the challenge of the legs I get to run. I'll just keep working hard preparing and be able to be completely ready for June. Hopefully I can convince my mind of that completely so I don't have more bad dreams in the meantime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW I am so impressed. I hate running. You are my hero.
Post a Comment