Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In case you didn't know

Seems like I've had a lot going on lately and need a moment to get it all out.

First thing is I'm so excited for my friends Anna and Kristen who I've learned in the last week are engaged!!! They are fabulous ladies and I'm so excited to see them so happy!!!

Second is that I think we've found a new roommate!! Thats kind of a big deal since we've been searching since the end of April. The process has been long and full of interesting candidates. Amongst my favorites, there was the man who barely spoke English and wanted a room for his wife and daughter, or the girl who gave me phone numbers for references that were all disconnected.

In many ways I've thought that finding a new roommate is similar to dating. We invite a potential candidate to the house and try to win them over with how great my roommate and I are and we show them the house hoping our cleanliness and comfy couches and pampered chef cookware will make them choose our house. While we don't show off cookware or cleaning skills or try to get dates to like our roommate, we do show off our cooking skills and try to impress dates with our sense of humor or fun personality and we talk to our roommate about how much we liked our date. In the end the potential roommates we enjoyed talking to the most and felt most connected to are the ones who end up finding something closer to work or something cheaper and my roommate and I once again begin the search for a roommate. And in dating it seems the dates we enjoy talking to the most or feel most connected to just aren't ready for commitment or are more interested in just staying friends.

If all goes well the new roommate is moving in around the end of August. My roommate and I are glad to have found such a great option and are looking forward to her being part of our home. And as for dating, I thought I had a great potential new interest who I enjoyed talking to and really connected to like never before. Its been 2 weeks since there was any contact and I was the last initiator. Another one bites the dust I guess.

Third is I'm heading on a week long adventure (and knowing my family I MEAN adventure) to Washington and Oregon. The trip will be August 6-12 and I'll be travelling with my dad and siblings Bekah and Carson and possibly my dad's wife Maggie. The plan is for me to meet them in Idaho Falls and then we will be off to visit Washington to see my brother Matthew and sister-in-law and their 3 daughters and my sister Cylvia. And then we will head to Oregon to see some beach, Tillamook, Crater Lake, and my grandmother and aunt and uncle.

I'm excited to have so much time off work, and to see some family. It will be nice to have a couple days off after getting back from all that travelling too! And spending so much time with my dad and the kids is always a lot of fun. Just don't forget to say an extra prayer for my sanity. Please.

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Had no idea what was all in stake!