I have to apologize from the beginning of this post. Well I don't have to, but I feel the need to. This isn't my most upbeat or positive posting. My intention is to get off some steam and let go of some thoughts I've been having which may come across as being a little bitter.
In my work I get to meet and deal with a good variety of people. Since late June I've had contact with a supplier, specifically a salesman at the supplier. Over the last several months I've gotten to know this man and I look forward to talking to him. He friended me on Facebook. It was nice to place the attractive face to the personality I'd been enjoying. He even helped move furniture to my house and meeting in person wasn't awkward at all.
Why am I bugged? We have continued to have flirty, extended length conversations pretty much weekly since the furniture moving. We've discussed our siblings, how he adores his niece, religious thoughts, vacations we've enjoyed, even a mutual friend who once babysat him. All signs from conversations lead me to think this guy isn't just another salesman I talk to, but rather - a guy who likes me.
And yet, its been 4 months and there has been no date. No initiation on his part of seeing me outside of work. I don't just open up to anybody, but I have been able to with him. It has been years, 7 or 8, since I have had such an easy, genuine connection with a guy. It would seem I once again have found a good friend. And it pisses me off. When do I get to be the girl who gets the great guy? When do I actually get to have a guy I like actually like me back? When do I just get to be a girl who actually has a date?
One thing seems true in this situation - he has a bright future in sales!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sometimes YOU have to be the one that asks out! I never had any good experiences with guys. The ones that always asked me out were either not attractive or had some spirituality issues. Why did I attract all the losers! That's just what life handed me. But then I saw Ramsey and knew I wanted him and so I ASKED him out! And he told me later, he had just experienced a horrible breakup and pledged he wouldn't ask another girl out and would wait til the right girl asked HIM out. So, such is life. Some girls have it easy and get asked out by Mr. Rights all the time. But some girls like us don't get that, so we have take the scary leap that no girl wants to take. But I can tell you I'm so glad I did!
Glad things worked out for you. Thanks for the advice. I do ask out. I plan great activities and great group invites as well as individual invites. I get ignored or flat out turned down. I assure you I have made great effort in not waiting around to be asked. I'm done. I completely quit. They are all the same and as far as I'm concerned and can all go to hell. I have no use or desire for any of them.
Post a Comment