Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm a home owner!!

6 weeks ago I was ready to quit. I had spent nearly 3 months looking for houses and making my credit report the best it could be, and I was ready to throw in the towel. I had even gone and looked at apartments and called my insurance agent for a quote on renter's insurance.

But then an email came from my dear Aunt who was vacationing in England reminding me I'm no quitter. And for the last 6 weeks she's been an awesome source when I've been frustrated or confused or totally overwhelmed at the home buying process. Plus, I had a fabulous mortgage officer who I'm proud to call my friend when she's not writing mortgages that was there to explain anything I asked (and trust me it was A LOT). And there was my realtor who has this super calm demeanor that was a great asset to my very excitable and eager personality. It was a dream team to make my home buying experience happen. And with these people on my side the process went from step to step to step to....... keys.

While I'm thanking people I want it known that the coworker friend and her husband who have gratiously housed me and Pili since we moved from Sugarhouse have been amazing! They are dog people who have allowed Pili to roam the house and share the guest bed with me. I have felt like a welcome, loved guest.

Tomorrow after work I'm picking up Pili and we're going to meet my realtor to get the house keys! What a process buying a home has been!! While I'm extremely giddy and grateful to be a home owner, I sit here emotionally exhausted. My head aches as the reality sets in. And the perma grin still remains. I'm sooooooooo glad to be done with the paperwork and the process and sooooo very ready to paint and unpack, finding all my things a place in our new home.

I've heard since I was a young girl that owning a home is the American dream. I've always thought it was an unreachable, unattainable goal. However I've learned with this process, as with everything else in life, that owning a home comes from hard work, saving money, and a mountain of responsibility. And of course, there's also signing your name about 50 times.

I still can't help but grin from ear to ear. I'm a home owner!!!!!!

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

yay!!!!!!!!!


Pictures!!!!!!!