Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

This year I spent the 4th of July with my cousin Phil and his wife Brianna. I really have loved getting to know Phil as an adult since he's been in Utah for about a year and a half now. We didn't really know each other growing up, but he's a fabulous guy and his wife is pretty great as well!

Before their friends came Phil and Bri asked me to be their soon to be born daughter's godmother. They aren't Catholic, neither am I. The title is more of an honor, I'm responsible for their daugher should anything tragic happen to them. And most importantly, I've got free reign to spoil the little girl. How fantastic?!?!


I also tried a new recipe that was fantastic. It was a little time consuming, but they were tasty and so cute and such a hit with all the guests. Here's the link with directions: www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/star-studded-mini-pies/


And here's a pic of me showing you how my tartlets turned out:


3 comments:

Brandon and Tabitha Manikowski said...

Those look yummy!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

They turned out great! *Mouth watering*

Jer said...

Please fedex tarts to my mouth :)