Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Things I have learned while being sick

1. My Urgent Care co-pay is $50. I am very grateful for great health insurance, but may want to check into other heath care options during open enrollment.

2. Pili wants to play everyday. EVERY day. She doesn't understand Mom's sick and can't take her for some play time. Thankfully the weather has been beautiful the last couple days and I was able to get some sunshine while she ran her heart out at the dog park.

3. Canker sores don't just appear on your tongue or cheeks, but are capable of infesting your throat. I was convinced I had strep throat but no, I've contracted a NASTY viral infection and cankers have infested my throat. Oh the PAIN! Swallowing was almost impossible, let alone eating.

4. Throat Cankers are caused from stress. I need to cut out some stress from my life to avoid this torture infesting my throat in my future.

5. After paying the $50 urgent care co-pay I was prescribed a "miracle mouthwash" that wasn't covered by my insurance. It was $35 and worth every penny! I gargle it and it numbs my throat. And tongue. And cheeks. While I can basically then eat only liquids, the beauty of the mouthwash is I can swallow. And no longer want to cut out my throat.

6. Work cannot go on without me. I've gotten texts with procedural questions from coworkers. I take it as job security.

7. Thanks to the affore mentioned throat cankers I've got very little voice. My main method for communicating is email or texting. I wonder if I'll EVER go back to calling people once my voice is fully back.

No comments: