Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fortune Cookie Say.....

With today's lunch I got a fortune cookie. It said, "You need not worry about your future". It was such a relief to be given this divine inspiration from a fortune cookie. Thanks to my lunch dessert I now have no reason to worry about my current (and possibly permanent) state of singlehood or signing my new lease or finding a new sibling for Pili.


Ok, enough of the sarcasm. For a moment after reading the fortune I was hopeful. It was a relief to be given permission to let go of the worries that consume my mind. It was a brief moment though because a co-worker told me they once had a fortune that said, "You try too hard and it shows". Who writes these things anyways?


Even if my fortune wasn't really going to remove all the worries that hang in my mind, I was glad I didn't get the unfortunate fortune my co-worker had. I don't plan to start reading my horoscope or calling psychics to predict my future. But, I won't mind reading and maybe temporarily believing a fortune cookie, even if its not really real.

No comments: