Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lucky girl

I gave a talk at church today and was very nervous. I may seem very outgoing and easily able to talk to people, but when it comes to addressing a congregation I wish you could call in sick to church.

Since I have no family in state I rely on friends who I consider family to take their place. My sister from another mother Emily and her husband Brady and their daughter (my beautiful niece) Jaylee came to listen and be my support. I was so grateful they drove 40 minutes out of their way just to support me. And, Jaylee was dressed in my favorite color - pink. Got to love the thought to small details her mom put into that!

Oh, and most importantly, Jaylee was sooooooo well behaved today. According to her parents she isn't very quiet or attentive at church. I'm not sure who is more grateful for her good behavior, me or her parents. Nonetheless, I'm proud of Jaylee for being so well behaved today at church.

How lucky am I to have such amazing friends? Doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: