Sunday, November 9, 2008

Super Saturday

This past Saturday was awesome! I entered my first ever 5K (and convinced my roommate to run too) and later that night saw a performance of the African Childrens Choir. It was a GREAT day.


The 5K was to benefit the Utah Therapy Animal Association. Dogs were encouraged to be there to run with their owners. I of course brought along Miss Pili. She and I have been running in our neighborhood in the mornings to prepare for the 5K. I've really enjoyed being out running in the morning when it seems nobody else is awake. I've been bitten by the running bug and as long as my old lady knees can take it, I'm gonna keep it up!


Running in the neighborhood with nobody else around was quite a difference from being surrounded by lots of other runners and dogs. Pili was very distracted while we ran. She kept wanting to go into the sheep and horse pens at Wheeler Farm (where the race was held) and I was sure my pulling her back into the 5K numerous times was going to kill our time. We ended up only being 1 min 20 sec over our best time at home.




Me and Sarah posing at the end of our race






Later that night my roommate Sarah and I each had 2 tickets for the African Children's Choir. She and I got dates and went to an African Restaurant before the choir performance. It was an awesome evening! I loved the Choir and the African dancing and singing and drum playing. I LOVE the African culture. It is so beautiful and really speaks to me.


It was also so nice to have a great date. As you know I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago how I got stood up. The guy who came this time was a treasure. He is such a gentleman. It was a fantastic way to end a very busy Saturday.


Here's a picture from after the performance. We ran into a few friends who also were at the choir performance.




3 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Wow! I am so impressed. I can't run worth beans!

Courtney said...

I think I'm addicted now! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so cool! I don't know that I could do it. I'm not such a fan of running. :)