Alright readers- I need to get something off my chest!!!
I made a post at the beginning of December that I have since deleted. I felt it was fraud. I offered my grandmother a giant amount of forgiveness and I was so ecstatic at how I felt. However, she is a liar. And we will no longer have contact. Let me explain....
She has a debt with my thanks to a choice by my mother. You see my mother gave her and my grandfather money to buy a home 12 years ago. The money was mine and was not to be loaned out as she saw fit. There has been all kinds of legal issues with my mother. She and I have not had a relationship for 8 years partially from the money situation but mostly finding out all the lies she told me and my siblings our entire lives.
My grandfather died 2 years ago and my grandmother refused to pay me what I was owed after his death even though it was specifically outlined how and when I was to be paid. She and I haven't spoken since Summer 2007.
My grandmother and my Uncle contacted me claiming they were going to pay the debt owed to me in the beginning of October this year. I thought of course it was legitimate and was thrilled to be resolving this outstanding issue. Not just for the money, but to me the situation was done. I've been fighting and dealing with their lies and manipulations as well as my mother's my entire life. It was an immensely peaceful feeling to really be done.
Once again, my family has lied to me. They contacted me. They came to me offering the full payment. And then the plan changed. My grandmother suddenly has issues at her home to deal with and quote per her "She can't get a job and work like I can'" and "she can't have no money if her health was to fail."
Still wanting to settle the situation I offered 2 resolutions. For her to pay half the debt owed to me and a promise to consider the debt paid in full or that I would have my attorney pursue her for the entire amount owed to me.
My grandmother contacted my Uncle and he emailed me making some pretty strong statements about me and my character and informed me my grandmother is changing her phone number and desires no further communication with me. I'm letting my attorney handle them from here further. I don't care if he just lets the case sit. I'm so done with this. I'm considering it over. Its money I will never see. And as long as they aren't around to torture my life, its a loss I'm glad to take.
And I say AWESOME! I have no need for ill people in my life. After nearly 30 years of their BS, I am exhausted from dealing with the cancerous relationships I've had to endure with my mother and several members of her family. There comes a time when it is ok to eliminate unhealthy relationships and go on with your life with no regret nor guilt. This is one of those times for me.
I am not mad or feel any sadness from the culmination of these events. I feel great peace. These people who are supposed to be family and have lied and deceived and misled and wrongfully used me are no longer part of my life. I'm going on and not looking back.

2 comments:
Good for you! I'm glad to hear that you are moving on! What a big step. Don't you get tired of being the bigger person? I do. But I know that I'm stronger for it and better off than them. If they can live with being the liars they are, then I don't want to deal with them anymore. So I say good for you! I'm proud of you for being that way! But I'm sorry that this has ruined that family relationship. But you're better off without them. I'm still here for you! :D
Annemarie - you are a great friend. Thank you for caring and being a support for me. I'm lucky to have people like you in my life to step up when those I'm supposed to consider family don't. Being the bigger person is EXHAUSTING! The thing I have to remember is that the peace and freedom that come from it is more valuable than being right or getting my way. Adversity only strengthens us. I'm grateful for the lesson and again, for your friendship :-)
Post a Comment