Keeping a journal seems to be as tough for me as keeping a blog. Plenty occurs in my life. Plenty is available to tell you or share or keep you up to date on, but blogging about it hasn't interested me.
A couple years ago a good friend stopped writing his blog. That was sad to me because he always makes me laugh and I always find his thoughts interesting and often unique. When he said why he wasn't blogging anymore his reason was that it felt like an obligation and there was too much pressure to be funny and entertain. At that time I was sad and didn't understand. Right now I get it. Blogging hasn't seemed fun to me. Its seemed an obligation.
BUT...... Its never too late to start over. So starting today my goal is to make a post once a week. And in case I miss a week, or two, please be kind enough not to tell me I've missed a post. Please be fantastic enough to tell me you missed my latest post and you'd love to see a post.
Oh, and as for an update of my world....... I'm good!
I'm looking for a new place to live by the end of July. My roommate is getting married in August and our landlord wants to sell our house. On a side note, when you're getting married or having a baby and talking to a fabulous single person nonstop about your wedding or pregnancy please let remember this: We were friends before your very exciting, life changing event and our conversations CAN and SHOULD involve more than your very exciting, life changing event.
As I was saying, I absolutely love where I've lived in Sugarhouse and would love to buy the house I've been living in, but my income limits my buying abilities. So...... the search is on! And its not fun. House hunting is hard!!!! And it makes me so sad! The housing market is scary! And there are a TON of options right now! So many homes are neglected and left to be a short sale or eventually a foreclosure. I've learned about all the types of mortgages and the difference between a condo and a townhouse. And I've recently decided to change realtors. I think I've found a place. THE place. Its a short sale so it may mean I won't make my moving deadline. But I'm thinking positive. I'm sure my Courtney luck will speed up the process!! I'll keep you posted what happens next. Think happy thoughts for me that the "just right" for me and Pili place to live works out like I'm hoping.
Spring seems to be absent from Utah. Its been unseasonably cold. My tan from the first 2 weekends in May is fading. While that may thrill my dermatologist, I'm not amused. I need more sun, so I hope that the rain and cold goes away soon. The older I get, the harder the cold is to handle. I love the beauty of Utah. LOVE it! But the cold is never something I've gotten used to - especially this past unseasonably cold winter and spring. I now realize why people move to Arizona and Florida when they retire. I fully plan to follow that example when I retire!!!
Last night I was sooooooo excited watching the Biggest Loser finale!!! A 525 pound man came to the ranch and lost 264 pounds to win the title of the biggest loser!!!! As a heavy all my life woman I love the Biggest Loser. I love how its life changing and its weight loss as as well as psychologically fixing the issues causing the weight. As with every season it was inspiring to me to see the change that comes when you stop believing the tape in your head, you try something new, and you don't give up. I'm currently working out to a dvd from a Biggest Loser trainer and its HARD. But I'm committing to it for May and June, 3 to 4 times a week. I've been doing 3 times a week this month. I already feel stronger! My goal isn't to lose tons of weight. Just to go down 1 pant size. And to finally love my upper arms.
And now some props to Matthew and Cylvia. About a week ago there was some facebook drama on my brother's facebook page. In an effort to keep family drama private I asked that the topic be taken offline. Please know I think its fair to discuss our issues, just not in a public forum. But I was suddenly being verbally attacked and called out by a person known to my brother and sister. Instead of lashing back in a battle of whits against a person ill equipped I sent an angry and not so polite email to my brother and sister to fix the situation. And they both did. To me it showed me that my brother and sister really are there when I need them. Just as soon as I asked. It wasn't what I'd expected and I'm glad they proved me wrong. I'm sorry I doubted them. I hope they know I'm proud of them and I love them.
If I miss my post next week its probably due to my search for sunshine. It may come down to laying in a tanning bed. I'm getting THAT desperate for the sunshine.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with your goals!!! I believe in you!
Post a Comment