I have mentioned once or twice its was a tough summer. And I think somewhere I mentioned that I was dealing with an unreasonable landlord. I believe I was always polite and never gave away all the details of what I went through. While I wasn't blogging about it I of course did vent to a couple loved ones. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't have vented a bit about how I was treated? I could have said more, I could have blogged how hurt I was or how betrayed I felt. But I didn't. I left it very vague.
I bring this up because in my wanderings tonight I found a link on a friend's blog that belongs to my former landlord. I read her blog seeing some very beautiful and funny thoughts and a creative woman. Not once in the almost 3 years she was part of my life as my landlord did I know THAT woman. And yet she claimed to consider me a friend.
I watched her children and her dog several times. She was so very nosey about my dating life, my home buying budget, my job situation. She badgered (borderline bullied) me about buying their home for several months before my lease ended. I dreaded seeing her emails in my inbox or her calls or texts on my phone. And finally our relationship ended on a sour note because I was left homeless because she and her husband reneged on how long my lease would end up being. Hopefully they don't treat all their friends so well.
So why do I bring this up now? Why does it matter? I was a model tenant. And I still feel wronged about what happened. PLUS - In one of her blog posts I read tonight she was getting all kinds of sympathy from this (slightly insane) group of online blogger friends after telling about our last email exchange. I was so irritated!!! She bullied and pushed me and when I voiced to her how I felt she continued to badger me. And when I had enough I replied to one last email of hers that I was finished talking about it. And we never have emailed or communicated since then.
Sure, just as I'm allowed to share my feelings, she is too. Absolutely. It just lit me up a bit that she was petitioning sympathy from her blogging community without them having all the details as well as making herself out to be the victim.
And while I'm strong enough to laugh it off and cry it out on a long distance phone call, what happened with my move from their house hurt me. However, its one more character building experience. And its over.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment