Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today is December 1st

I've been debating putting up my Christmas decorations. I didn't want to unpack MORE after finally feeling like my house was all in place. But tonight with the help of my friend Railey we lugged in the totes from the garage and got the house dusty and dirty and spread glitter all over the place. And my house now officially screams Christmas. Oh, and Railey is my "little sister" through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Utah organization. We've been friends for 4 months now.

The last time I debated decorating was 5 years ago. My dog Priscilla had died and I was convinced Christmas was in need of being ignored. However, a dear friend and her husband had been married for just 2 weeks and came over that night and made me dinner and we put up and decorated my tree.

That dear friend turned 30 today. And we've got plenty of experiences not near as sad to fill up the last 8 years of knowing one another. Amongst my favorites.... our road trip to California where I fell asleep and she sang songs with made up lyrics at the top of her lungs to keep me awake with her. There was a licorice whipping incident on a road trip to New Mexico and how I'm "proof positive I keep my commitments". Or there was the night she told me she was pregnant with her first child. Or when she helped me paint at my new home. Or how we always look forward to a specific warehouse scrapbook sale. And of course the vinyl letter boards where she tried to "Fix her mother" but since my grandfather was a cartoonist I was able to help fix her board. Trust me, the ones you don't understand are hilarious. You just had to be there.

Happy Birthday Emily. Welcome to club 30.
.

1 comment:

Bouwhuis Bunch said...

Oh thank you Court!! And I'm glad you got your Christmas stuff up!! I mean after all you are "proof Positive"!!!