Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eharmony, LDS Planet, and my co-workers

I'm 30 and single. To some people this is a terrible thing. To me it isn't my preferred status of life, but it isn't a tragedy or cause of great sadness. I attend church with single people, I'm willing to be set-up, I have a profile on a dating site. Needless to say I'm not a hermit avoiding men. I'm out in the world and figure when the marriage thing happens, it will happen.

Last fall I got talked into Eharmony by a friend. She pulled the, "If you join, I'll join" and I tried 3 months of Eharmony. After an hour long profile creation and answering questions my profile was complete. I had 10 matches and every day I was emailed about additional matches the system had found for me. It seemed like an untapped resource of men! I was pretty excited! As my 3 months went on I had complete guided contact through Eharmony with 3 matches. We never did meet in person. I initiated contact that was ignored by matches and I initiated contact with matches that after their replies I was glad to close contact with. In the end I didn't find the love of my life as the Eharmony commercials claim I can do and I did not renew my membership after the 3 months expired that I had paid for.

I've also had a profile on an LDS website called LDS Planet. This site is very interesting to me. I get many profile views, some of the men have continuously viewed me, but never messaged me. I've messaged them and they view my profile a few more times but never reply. I'm not so sure how to take this. However when this member ship ends in the middle of July, I will also cancel my membership and profile from their site.

In addition to church and dating websites I have coworkers who want me married. I mention a male friend in a story from a weekend activity and they ask about him the next time I tell about a group activity. These ladies don't understand why I have all these male friends and no dates or a husband. Honestly, neither do I, but its a bigger deal to them than to me.

I'm finished with online profiles and don't mind my coworker's concern and interest in my love life. I just hope for their sakes I can stop disappointing them at some point.

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Live your life!!!! Enjoy the freedom!!!!! hehe