Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ultimate Boy Job

When it comes to heavy lifting or mechanical needs or something being fixed I'm fine with establishing its a boy job and calling upon one of my favorite guys or one I'd like to get to know better to help out. Its always fun to see the response I can get from just asking a question. This last Friday was an opportunity for a big job. An ultimate boy job we'll say.

My old roommate's mom lives on our street, about 5 houses away, and is refinishing her floors and painting and removing wallpaper and asked if she could store her piano at my house for a few months. Both my roommates play piano and were thrilled at the chance to have one at our house.

So 5 guys showed up Friday to move the piano to our place. We had a piano dolly and their muscles. It took a total of a half hour. These guys were awesome! It was kind of funny to see this piano and 5 guys coming down the center of our street. Definitely not something you see everyday!

I very much enjoyed chatting for about 3 hours after the move with one of the guys I don't know so well. We work together and I only get to work with him when my coworker is on vacation. This piano move was the first time I'd met him in person and I was glad he didn't leave right after helping. It was nice to get to know him better. I hope to be able to tell you more about him sometime soon!!! ;-)

No comments: