Yesterday I ran. I ran the exact same course 3 weeks prior. Both races were a 5K. For the race 3 weeks ago I was not happy with my time. It was my first race since the scooter crash in May, temperatures were in the early eighties, and I hadn't trained very diligently.
The race yesterday was awesome! Temperatures were in the early sixties, I've been doing some strength training and it ended up that I did better than 3 weeks ago by finishing 6 minutes faster! Incidentally, this finish time is also my fastest 5K yet!!
3 weeks ago I felt pretty discouraged after the race and almost decided to just stop running. Instead of quitting I pushed myself and trained extra and gave up some sleep and it payed off. We're capable of so much more than we think. We must try and keep trying, and push when we think we can't because we're capable of greatness if we work hard and push our limits.
Yesterday it felt fantastic to finish with such great results! It was a great sense of accomplishment, but I will only continue to work harder to finish even faster the next race. Yesterday's results still give me room for improvement. It was nice to finish strong and make my own personal best.
Tuesday morning, I'm back to training for my next great finish.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awesome! Go Court!
WOW! I'm so impressed with you!
Thanks guys! :-)
Post a Comment