Looking back at 2009 I would have to say the biggest thing this year was turning 30. So many people feel 30 is so old and you're almost middle aged and life isn't as much fun anymore. I disagree!!!!! I've got to say 2009 was one of the best years of my life yet. I've felt the most healthy, the most beautiful, and the most comfortable in my own self.
The year wasn't perfectly peaceful and happy. But I did the best to roll with what happened and make the best of any situation that came up. Over the years I have learned I can survive anything. Nothing is going to break me or deflate my soul. And if at the end of the day all I know is that there is a God and Pili will be happy to see me, life is good.
This year I almost lost my job due to outsourcing, but was transferred to a different department. I vacationed with family and I vacationed with friends. I trained for a race that I didn't get to run in and in doing so I pushed my body to limits I never knew, but was able to handle. I watched friends get married and have babies and lose loved ones. I have loved ones losing their memory to a disease, getting divorced, and going to prison.
Life is not perfect. Nor is it always what we want. But as my friend Oprah says, "What I know for Sure" is that as long as we can laugh and never, ever quit - anything is possible. Anything.
And for 2010, I want to have at least as good a year as 2009. If it ends up 2010 is even better than 2009, so be it! :-)
Happy New Year to you my friends!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your positive outlook on life!!!!
Post a Comment