Tonight after work my great Aunt Sylvia came to visit me. She lives in Arizona, so time with her is something I anticipate and look forward to when I get it. Plus, Auntie Syl is one of my bonus moms. Having her around tonight was JUST what I needed.
After she arrived and hugged me 3 times she gave Pili a scratch and we headed out for the evening. The plan was to go peek into the windows of the house I'm going to buy (pending a couple small more things being settled). When we got to the house and were peeking into the front window I checked the door, and it was unlocked!!!! So we let ourselves in and I gave her a tour. Listening to her and watching her reaction meant so much more than when my realtor gave me props and encouraged my decision to go for this house.
My Auntie Syl is not one to sugar coat what she thinks. She's classy about expressing her thoughts, but clear about them too. If she didn't like the house she would have told me. And since my dad is 4 states away and I don't talk to my mom the next best thing to me is my Auntie-Mom Syl's approval. Plus, the woman is smart when it comes to homes and money so her opinion and advice can work very well in my favor by being smart enough to listen to her.
We walked through the house and she pointed out the things I'd noticed and gave me a couple things to consider as well. Bottom line - she likes my house and is as excited as I am to see how it turns out.
How glad I was to have somebody around to hug me and talk to me and spend time with me tonight! I'm tired from being on-call and getting woke up at odd hours to process orders. Being tired makes me crabby, and emotional and a bit irrational with my thoughts. And I'm still waiting on the bank for my loan and seriously considered just quitting on that today. I'm 2 weeks away from the bridal shower I'm hosting for my roommate. I've got a trip for work the entire week after that to Kentucky in the July heat and 70% humidity. And then I'm trying to figure out if I'm moving the end of July or August.
All I want is a good night's sleep. And my house. I want my house more than the sleep. And thanks to my Auntie-Mom Syl I can't help but be excited and anticipate the news I'm waiting on. Guess I'll save quitting for another time.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
*Crossing my fingers*
Post a Comment