Today started with a trip to Newport Beach. Once we got to Newport we stopped for food at Subway and I couldn't stop giggling at the cashier who told us,"thank you, have a nice life" when we left. Granted, we'll probably never meet again, but I have never been told that by a clerk as I've walked out of a store or restaurant.
After getting some lunch we headed over to a boat tour that was self guided. We literally were given a map and a boat, and we headed out to explore the Newport Harbor. Let me say Jeremy was a fantastic boat captain once he got the hang of what was going on. He was a little freaked out that we literally were given no instruction except how to reverse and how to accel and when we were pulling out of the slip playing bumper boats he was a little nervous. I wasn't allowed to take pictures until he had a better handle on the operation. And once he knew what controlled what it was smooth sailing. Literally.
The harbor was gorgeous! We enjoyed a picnic in our boat while gazing at some beautiful homes surrounding the harbor. We watched for all the boats' creative names and laughed at some of the more creative like, "Honey's Money" and "Trust Me".
After returning our boat we headed to Balboa and enjoyed sitting on the beach watching the surfers and the waves crash onto the shore. We took a stroll along the Balboa boardwalk where we took a ferris wheel ride. Note to all - when there is a sign that says "don't rock the seat" you should take notice or else look like a dumb blonde when you rock it and the ride operator gently hollers at you to stop. Oops!
After the boardwalk we walked out to the end of the Pier and enjoyed garlic fries at Ruby's. We then watched the fishermen and a group of 3 sea otters who were begging for the fisherman's catches. I was convinced the otters wanted some garlic fries, so I tossed them a couple. They didn't get eaten, the otters were holding out for fish and the fisherman rewarded their begging.
Tomorrow..... Venice Beach

No comments:
Post a Comment