Wednesday, April 20, 2011

California - Day 3




We headed for Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier after Jeremy had some work done on his car. What he thought would be 2 new tires turned out to be 4 tires, an alignment, and a new serpentine belt. And then it was beach time!


For whatever reason I had a sour stomach today. It was so hard to not just say lets be done touring and head home. I mean, hello I'm in California and its my birthday. I can't spend the day at home with a tummy ache. So once we got to Santa Monica and parked, we walked a bit. We walked along the boardwalk and then through the 3rd street promenade and then from there back to the SM pier and then headed back to the car to head to Venice beach.


At Venice beach I ate the most delicious clam chowder! And then we sat on the beach for a bit. And then walked along the shore. And I collected some seashells.


Then we headed back to Jeremy's house and picked up my choice of dinner - egg rolls from Jack in the Box and frozen yogurt. I made sure to add brownie bites to my yogurt, as a sweet treat, since I didn't want cake for my birthday and a treat was still needed.


Once at home it was so nice to relax with my friend. We watched a movie and then watched videos from trips we've been on and looked at photos from the last 5 years' adventures. It was fun to laugh and reminisce. It was nice to just spend time with my friend.




Tomorrow....... San Diego!



No comments: