This past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I visited Flaming Gorge with my singles ward. It was the first time I've been to the Gorge. We camped and water skied and wake boarded and had devotionals and played beach volleyball and lots of card games. My favorite part of the trip was when it was raining while we were on the boat on Friday. My boat members had the idea to wait out the rain on the boat. Waiting out the storm turned into swimming in the water and cliff jumping for me and the two guys on the boat. The other passengers - five other girls and the boat driver (one of the guys' dad) stayed on the boat and missed the cliff jumping.
We had found an area of the Gorge that was a no wake zone. It was a small finger like canyon that you could drive your boat through or swim or fish. As I swam in the water outside the boat and looked up to the sky it seemed as if the rock walls met the sky.
For the first time in my life I went cliff jumping! It was scary, but SUCH a rush! Two cliffs, three jumps! One of the cliffs we jumped off was at the edge of an AMAZING cave. We climbed up rocks that looked like stairs and were hidden between two large walls of rock. As you climbed up the rock stairs you came to a small cave that had an overhang to protect you from the wind and rain. There was a pine tree growing in between the rock walls. It was incredible to see the green tree in the middle of the rock. Such a beautiful contrast!
Standing at the edge of the overhang overlooking the edge to the water below was INCREDIBLE. The wind was gently blowing and the rain was coming down into the existing water. The existing water moved in a pattern that made it look like tie dye. The walls of rock that lined the water were beautifully colored. Standing in the cave overlooking the water and watching the rain fall was AMAZING! It was so beautiful and peaceful.
Also amazing, I didn't have my camera. So there are no pictures to document the site that was the most memorable and favorite part of my trip. The images in my mind will not soon be forgotten. I wish I had pictures to show you! Take my word for it, it was AWESOME!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment