
I'm in denial. Probably should warn you of that upfront. Arizona exists. I know. But I'm trying to convince myself it doesn't. You see..... my favorite Bouwhuis' (Emily, Brady, Jaylee) are moving to Arizona.
Last night Me and Cherisse and her hubby Corey met Emily and Brady and Jaylee and Em's brother Kevin for dinner on their way back from picking up Kevin at the airport. We went to Wingers (a Utah original) and enjoyed sticky fingers and the famous Wingers Amazing sauce on fries. Jaylee liked eating the ketchup more than any of the food. She even managed to pick up a steak knife and begin to get it into her mouth to lick off the sauce. It was fun to laugh and take pictures and get them away from their packing for dinner.
I even got to celebrate my birthday. For the second time this year (I hope that doesn't mean I'm 30 now, 7 months early. LOL.). I guess Kevin thought it would be a fun prank. My embarrassment from the waitresses singing to me was soon forgotten when we enjoyed the delicious asphalt pie they brought for my..... um...... "un-birthday".
We lingered in the parking lot for at least an hour after dinner continuing to talk and laugh. I think I kissed Jaylee ten times before we finally gave one last round of hugs and headed home.
While I realize Arizona is not as far away as Vermont or New York, I'm sad Emily and family won't be only a half hour away anymore. Good thing we have texting and large cell phone plans and I can watch Jaylee grow up on their family blog until we all get together for a visit. Plus, Cherisse and I are already planning a road trip to visit.
Safe travels my favorite Bouwhuis'! XXXOOO
Last night Me and Cherisse and her hubby Corey met Emily and Brady and Jaylee and Em's brother Kevin for dinner on their way back from picking up Kevin at the airport. We went to Wingers (a Utah original) and enjoyed sticky fingers and the famous Wingers Amazing sauce on fries. Jaylee liked eating the ketchup more than any of the food. She even managed to pick up a steak knife and begin to get it into her mouth to lick off the sauce. It was fun to laugh and take pictures and get them away from their packing for dinner.
I even got to celebrate my birthday. For the second time this year (I hope that doesn't mean I'm 30 now, 7 months early. LOL.). I guess Kevin thought it would be a fun prank. My embarrassment from the waitresses singing to me was soon forgotten when we enjoyed the delicious asphalt pie they brought for my..... um...... "un-birthday".
We lingered in the parking lot for at least an hour after dinner continuing to talk and laugh. I think I kissed Jaylee ten times before we finally gave one last round of hugs and headed home.
While I realize Arizona is not as far away as Vermont or New York, I'm sad Emily and family won't be only a half hour away anymore. Good thing we have texting and large cell phone plans and I can watch Jaylee grow up on their family blog until we all get together for a visit. Plus, Cherisse and I are already planning a road trip to visit.
Safe travels my favorite Bouwhuis'! XXXOOO

1 comment:
We LOVE you!!
Post a Comment