Sunday, August 31, 2008

How I spent my Summer

Tomorrow is Labor Day - the official end of the summer. A lot has gone on this summer and like a lot of students headed back to school I thought it would be fun to tell you how I spent my summer.


There was travelling - Flaming Gorge, Bear Lake, and Jackson Hole.




Emily and I tubing at Bear Lake




A View of the raft from the back of the truck


Pili wearing her lifejacket before rafting the Snake



There was FUN - Watching the Pioneer Day Parade, Being a production Assistant for American Idol auditions, Japanese exchange students


Reesie and Me posing for a pic while watching the parade



The float Gordo (Reesie's dad) was in charge of, and the reason we watched the parade :-)


There was adventure- Cliff jumping for the first time, attempting to wakeboard for the first time, choosing a roommate without physically meeting her, 3rd annual river rafting trip


This is me attempting to wakeboard. I never did get up out of the water




There were goodbyes - My favorite Bouwhuis' moved to Arizona, Tab and Timber moved to California, My stepmother lost her mother

Reesie, Me, Em the night before the move to Arizona



There were weddings - Jodi and Blair, Staci and Clay, Kim and Spencer






There was change - Shortest haircut ever, Coloring my hair dark





And Summer Lovin' - One crush over, a new one formed



The only thing I didn't do was get to my annual Kenny Chesney concert. His tour didn't stop in Utah this year and the stops close to Utah didn't work for me to travel to them thanks to all my other fun trips. At least I have great pics from last summer's show to gaze upon until next Summer Kenny...... Next Summer.....



It was a great and memorable summer! I'm in no hurry for winter to blow in the snow and cold. But..... the sooner winter comes and goes, the sooner next summer can be waiting for me to explore all the adventure it holds!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your short, dark hair!!! So cute!!! Thanks for sharing your summer! Sounds like a busy, but a good one! :D

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Wow! H-0-T-T-I-E! You look good with dark hair. BTW you need to fix your template! =)

Courtney said...

You ladies make a girl blush! Thank you! I do really like my dark hair.

And Emily - when you read this and make a comment about how you like me better blonde, just know dark is FUN!