Saturday, August 2, 2008

How did I forget?

This should have been posted a week ago. I totally forgot!

On the 24th of July, Utah celebrates Pioneer Day. I spent the morning watching the parade with Cherisse and some of her family. One of Reese's sisters even slept overnight in downtown Salt Lake to save us AWESOME seats for watching the parade. We were on the front row and had a great view! Our favorite float of the parade was the one her dad was in charge of making. It won 2 awards too! Their float won Sweepstakes and People's Choice Awards.


Here comes the float with the awards it won in front of it




Our first view of the float with a proud Gordo walking beside it.

Just as the float is passing us

David (Reese's brother) drove the float. You see him waving?

Back end view

Nice work Farmington Stake (and especially to your leader Gordo!)!!

We got to see President Monson at the beginning of the parade. He and his wife are in the backseat of the car in the picture.

Reese and I posing for a picture

This is cute Ashton. He is my favorite of Reese's nephews. He got as excited as I did every time horses passed by us.

No comments: