You ever have those days where you're totally overwhelmed and your emotions take over and the next thing you know you're puffy eyed and barely understandable? I call those days meltdowns.
Meltdowns are not common for me. I try to hide my emotions almost all the time. I try to be tough and not let life get the best of me. Fake it 'till you make it I say. Every now and again I break down from dealing with waaaaaay too much and have to let out the weight of all I'm carrying. I usually call my dad and talk to him and cry it out. Yesterday was a meltdown day for me.
Here's whats happening: I've got a family situation that is 12 years old (really) and I thought it was resolved a couple weeks ago, but it isn't. I've got a female health issue that is causing me grief and testing and doctor appointments. My department at work is being sent to India (the work - not the people) and I'm applying for internal and external jobs and interviewing internally so far.
I went for a run with Pili and thought I'd worked it out. But I cracked. I started talking to my roommate about her day and the next thing I know I'm sobbing and discussing my stressful (for the moment) life saga. She gave me a giant hug and made me lay on the couch and stroked my hair while still talking it out. Our other roommate came downstairs and joined our chat and was great at sharing random facts and making me laugh.
I woke up puffy eyed this morning but smiled thinking about my amazing roommates who helped me the previous night. I've got no plans for a meltdown anytime soon, but I know I'm in good hands if it sneaks up on me again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What great roommates! Most of my roommates only CAUSED drama. I hope you get an even better job and I hope you make even more money! Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise.
Oh I SO know how you feel! I'm the exact same way! I'm so glad you have such great roommates that are there for you! What a blessing! :D
Post a Comment