Friday, August 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I've been home since 4am Wednesday. After being in the car for 12 hours from Klamath Falls to Idaho Falls listening to my dad (the self appointed tour guide) explain various areas of countryside I was so ready to be home. After arriving in Idaho Falls at 1am I felt quite compelled to drive the next 3 hours back to Salt Lake. I was wide awake thanks to a strawberry limeade and my ipod shuffling through music that I happily sang along to all the way home. Ok, honestly I belted the tunes out. It was my own personal rock concert. But it was a fun and fast 3 hour drive.

I spent Wednesday in pajamas wandering around the house for various trips to the kitchen for food. Miss Pili stayed by my side all day and slept most every minute of the day. She seemed as tired as I was. Only once Wednesday I left the house, to take Pili to the dog park. I struggled to get her out of the water after an hour of playing.

Thursday and today I spent the afternoons with 2 of my best girl friends. Its nice to be able to laugh and have such enjoyable time with these women every time we get together.

I'm glad to be home. Don't get me wrong, I liked the trip. I saw some amazing countryside and was just in awe and amazement of the beauty I was constantly surrounded by. I spent time with family. I was a nanny. I was a marriage counselor. I was a listening ear for many many hours in a car. I loved spending 7 days having somebody take care of me rather than me having to plan and manage every moment like when I'm home.

Bottom line - I missed my dog. I missed my house. I missed work. I missed Salt Lake. I like my life. I'm very blessed. I doubted that before the trip and considered myself to be missing out, and thought my life was incomplete. Coming home made me remember that my life is complete and fantastic just as it is. And a Friday night with a movie, clean jammies, frozen yogurt, and a chocolate lab snuggled next to me is fine living! Lucky me!!!

No comments: