Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 3 - Hollywood, Leno, Griffith Observatory

Once again the weather was in the 70's and not a cloud in sight! It was a great day to do some sightseeing! Our first stop was Hollywood, but food was first on the agenda before sights. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe and found a store with Hard Rock merchandise, but no Cafe. The restaurant will be there in another month. So we settled for Hooters. This was the first time I'd ever been to Hooters. My parmesan garlic chicken sandwich was good, and the staff was quite friendly. It's rather weird to me that women want to work there and want to wear those skimpy outfits, but whatever works for people.

After eating we headed over to the Walk of Fame and Mann's Chinese Theater. Michael Jackson's star had flowers and provided constant tourist photo stops. I enjoyed walking around seeing all the hand prints and footprints in front of Mann's Theater. It was surprising to see the footprints of many stars are so small! It was fun to see the hands and feet prints of classic stars like Shirley Temple and Doris Day.

Next we headed over to NBC Studios to watch a taping of The Jay Leno Show. I've never been in a studio audience for a show taping before this. It was fascinating! There were so many lights on set and so many cameras! And the show almost felt like I was just watching at home. Jay's show taping is an hour, just like what the public watches. When the show cuts to commercial the studio audience is entertained by the Primetime Band. I loved seeing the set in person! It really was very cool!!

The last event of the day was a trip to the Griffith Observatory. There were incredible views of Los Angeles from the hillside location of the Griffith. It was amazing to be in the ills of the city looking out over all the lights and skyscrapers of L.A.

Near the Griffith is the famous Hollywood sign. I was hoping to get a picture, but it was night time and despite what I had thought, the Hollywood sign does not have lights on it at night.

After navigating through traffic we headed back to the house and got dinner at In & Out. This is a Southern California original and I've heard fo years how great their food is. I've seen more of them in our travels than Mc Donald's the last few days. Tonight's burger was my first at In & Out and it was good, but (dare I say it) I've had better burgers.

2 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

In N Out is super good if you have it all the time since childhood, but if you've never had it before and people talk it up, you probably will be disappointed. It's comfort food to me and other so-californians.

Courtney said...

I totally agree! One of my suppliers is from SoCal and is stoked about the In N Out in Draper now. And his motivation isn't the amazing food, but that its a remider of home and growing up.