Today started a week long trip to sunny California. Pili and I are in West Covina with my friend Jeremy for a little something I've been calling, "Be a Tourist in LA!"
The drive to West Covina from Salt Lake City was approx 11 hours. Pili and I stopped at a dog park in St. George so she could have some play time. Being in the back seat of the car is not her usual daily routine and she LOVED chasing her ball and running around the dog park!
Small side note - thanks to my dad for Googling the dog park info while I was driving. Technology is great!!!
The best part of the drive was the winding canyon between Cedar City and St. George. I found this area just beautiful! The red rock surrounding me on both sides as I drove through the windy canyon was mesmerizing.
The drive wasn't so bad on my own. Eleven hours in a car isn't my favorite thing but traffic never stood still, the weather got more beautiful the further I got from Utah, and I had plenty of tunes on my ipod to sing my heart out to. I did manage to take the wrong freeway and that caused a little bit of a delay in arrival. Its reasonable to not know the 210 and the 10 are different freeways. Now I know.
Another side note - technology was once again great when I called Jeremy to help me navigate out of my wrong freeway error. Computers really helped me a lot today!!!
Oh, and I am LOVING how its going to be 75 degrees and we're going to the beach tomorrow!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment