Monday, November 2, 2009

Doggie Drool

Its my nightly ritual to wake up Pili before I go to bed telling her that its time for bed. Without fail she looks up at me and stretches and usually gets a belly rub or an ear scratch before stretching off the couch or her doggie bed.

Tonight when I woke Pili to tell her it was bed time she was startled, which is common when she's had an extra long walk or Timber has come to visit, but the uncommon thing tonight was the drool I could visibly see on her and the couch.

Her sweet face looked tired and confused with her ears tucked back and the pool of drool just made me laugh out loud. She wagged her tail and kept her ears tucked as I laughed and reached down to scratch her ears.

It was such a sweet moment, my tired dog waking up from her evening nap and her paw and the couch cushion glistening with drool. Once again my Pili girl brought laughter and joy to my soul. I'm not sure there are many dogs better than she.

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I wish Ramsey would laugh when I drool on his pillow. =(