This morning I woke up to a sick roommate who had spent the night throwing up. She looked terrible and was so weak. After getting Pili out and back inside and getting her breakfast and getting myself ready for work I ran to the grocery store for items my roommate was asking for.
On my way out to my car leaving the grocery store I noticed a debit card on the ground right next to the tire of the car parked next to me. I was risking being late for work going to the store for my roommate and now I just couldn't pick up the debit card and go back into the store and find somebody other than a clerk at 7:15 in the morning.
But I did pick up the card. And I was on my way back inside when I looked at the name on the card. It belonged to my friend Tabitha's mom who is my neighbor 5 houses away!!!!! Instead of heading into the store I headed home and called Elizabeth to let her know I found her card. She had been at the same store and had been getting some things for her sick foreign exchange student before I had gotten to the store for my roommate.
I was so grateful it was me who found her debit card. People are good, and honest, but temptation is huge especially in the financial position so many people are in right now. This was such a random way to start a morning, and I'm grateful it meant being a good Samaritan to my neighbor!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! What a coincidence! That is so awesome! She is very lucky!
Post a Comment