Today's forecast was for clear skies and 75 degrees so we packed our lunch and beach chairs and headed to dog beach in Huntington Beach.
It was fantastic! I loved time in the sunshine, time playing with Pili, and time in the Ocean. Watching the waves crash into each other and sweep across the sand mesmerized me. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Something about the Ocean speaks to me. I could go for a visit every day this week and not be tired of it. I miss the Ocean most when I miss California.
It was so great playing with Pili today. She was in dog heaven! Its no secret Pili is a water lover. At home when we visit the dog park and its barely 20 degrees outside she's happily wading in the water in between fetching her ball. Today she spent the entire afternoon retrieving a tennis ball from the beach or the rolling waves of the Ocean. And I swear when we first got to the beach and I took off her leash that she was smiling as she hopped in the waves and excitedly ran up the beach to me.
I'm learning about traffic in southern California. No matter when you drive, you plan at least an extra half hour for traffic. I'm a northern Cali girl and I'm used to a quick pace, but its different in southern Cali. People are always speeding and in a rush. And there are a lot of people everywhere we go - grocery store, gas station, or WalMart.
After our day at the beach Jeremy and I babysat his nephew and 5 nieces for 3 hours. The kids were a lot of fun and a lot of energy. It is a lot of work taking care of 6 children, but very rewarding. When it was time to leave I got tears to stop when I promised I'd see them again on Thanksgiving.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Everytime I think about dog beaches now I think of Marley and Me and when he goes on the sand and everyone freaks. hehe
Post a Comment